Since many people have losing weight as one of their New Year resolutions, I wanted to begin the year by sharing 5 weight loss tips for you to think about.
- Don’t go on a diet. Instead, make a commitment with yourself to make positive lifestyle changes throughout the year. Diets don’t work for the long term, but little changes at a time that build health do work and can last a lifetime.
- Eat more nutrient rich food before taking away all the unhealthy food. Instead of depriving yourself of all the things you know are not good for you, begin to get whole foods, full of nutrients in your diet. In time, your body will start to reject the bad stuff.
- Have a vision of yourself of how you want to eat, look, feel and act. This simple step can be powerful if you keep that picture in your head.
- Don’t broadcast to the world all the changes you are going to make. Instead, go quietly throughout your day being consistent with your little changes and in time, people will begin to notice. Little changes could include drinking one more glass of water than you currently drink, eating your food slow and enjoying each bite, and cutting back on sugar in your coffee or tea.
- Throw out all guilt. If you eat something you know is not good for you, but you enjoy, just enjoy it and make up for it the next day with more vegetables and extra water.
Keep these 5 things top of mind this week as you plan your goals for the New Year and check back for next week’s Tips on Tuesday.